Thursday, May 15, 2014

Conversations Between Workers | 5KCBWDAY4

http://www.eskimimimakes.com/2014/04/topics-announced-for-the-5th-annual-knitting-crochet-blog-week-2014.html
Write a few short paragraphs from the point of view of one of the 
tools you use for your craft. Then write a dialogue 
between yourself and this item.

A twiddle of wire, that's all I be
And nobody knows what to do with me
My true purpose hides until you are needing
An easier method to do all your beading.



I really don't know why I keep you around.
I'm useful, admit it! ...when I can be found.

But when I can't find you, it's really frustrating!
Then make a new model, it's faster than waiting.

Ugh, stopping to put all the beads on is slow.
But once they're all loaded, it's go-go-go-go!

And what if you stretch out, you silly old scrape?
Just pause work and crumple me back into shape!

Alright, I give up, you can stay on my desk.
Ooh, look, a dust bunny on the floor!
What?  .....hello?
...
(Honey, have you seen that wire thing?)

        (wah waaah  wah waah-wah?)
(The beading gadget, it's like a curly wire thing...)
        (waah-wah  wah wah)
(I swear I haven't moved, it was just here!)
(Let me know if you see it.)


Dagnabbit.

To read other posts from those taking part in Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, simply perform a Google search for the tag 5KCBWDAY4, or click here.

2 comments:

Hanrahan said...

I found it difficult to get going on this topic, you've done a great job!

Unknown said...

Bahaha, I love how you've put it into poetic form!! So great. :) Well done!!