Friday, January 24, 2014

It Starts: A Dappled Leaf

Hey hi guys -- I'm making a shawl that looks like a leaf!!

Maple Leaf Knit Shawl sample knit by Natalia
Maple Leaf Knit Shawl sample knit by Natalia @ ELFmoda [Rav]

But right now my leaf looks like not-so-much:
The curly needles make it difficult to photograph successfully -- but you can kinda see how beautiful the yarn is, right?  Right?


Here's a better photo from earlier in the process.  The yarn is my very first experience with Madelinetosh (a Christmas gift -- thank you, Kris Kringle *WINK*) and I luff it so much.  Superwash merino is the bestest in the world... and I feel a little sheepish saying that this makes me want to knit on nothing else right now, it's so wonderful to use.

Is it possible to fall in love with a knitting project?
Because I think I may be in danger.

No comments: