Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gonna be a Shawl Showdown

Last night I didn't knit, for the first time in I-don't-even-know.  I have this WIP sitting here:

I started this cardigan last January with some awesome gift yarn from Kris Kringle (still love the yarn YAY!), and at the start I was inspired by the interesting construction and the prospect of a functional sweater at the end.  Admittedly it was a bit of a grind to get through the parts: some ripping out, the barrier of seaming looming over me...

so it hibernated for a year exactly! sigh
And I finally seamed the shoulders and sides this weekend!  yay

Now I pick up a mess of stitches, only to bind off on the very next row ohhhhhh yuck.

NEVER MIND THIS MESS.  TIME FOR A DISTRACTION!

So!  I'm planning a Shawl Showdown, with an amazing Ravenclaw housemate, starting on Star Wars Day!  It's all part of a voluntary Shawl Battle Royale for spring term, because apparently we have nothing better to do and we're all stark Raven mad.

We've chosen to duel with Fall of Leaves [Rav]
 a free!  pattern designed by Stephanie Hogendoorn.
'Twill be EPIC.  First one to the finish line wins a pattern!

No comments: