Sunday, April 7, 2013

FO: From Russia With Fun!

I wish I could take credit for that tagline, but it was all Tetris's idea:
Tetris Baby Blanket [Rav] by GracieLou; knit with 944yds of Knit Picks Comfy Worsted (colorways Carrot, Fairy Tale, Lilac, Marina, Marlin, Peapod, and Rosehip)

TGIF: thank goodness it's free!, because whoa.  This was my first intarsia project evar and while I got used to it, I don't think I'll ever want to do one again.  Especially in a cotton-acrylic blend.  T.e.d.i.o.u.s like crazy.
 
I hate wasting yarn, so instead of bobbin-ing up the yarn for the sections, I opted to do some knitting backward to keep the right side of the work facing me + careful rearranging of full skeins.  It was... fine.

I was super great and not crazy.  No, really.  Just... fine.

 

And then -- AND THEN -- after I'd finished all the intarsia, I had to teach myself some crochetin' stuff for the border.  Crochet eats yarn like it tastes like chocolate; I used more yarn on that 4" border than I did on the entirety of the intarsia (469yds vs 475yds), which is BANANAS to me.
pre border blocking

...I do really like the finished product, which has made its home with a sweet bebe and her wonderful parents...
...but never again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is AMAZING!!!