Saturday, January 5, 2013

FO x2: Shawls I Have Loved

In writing my Shawls of 2012 post (awesomeness to follow, ladies and germs!), there came to light a glaring error: two of the shawls had never made an appearance on this blog!  THIS SHALL NOT STAND!

From June: 
Holden Shawlette [Rav] by Mindy Wilkes; knit with a skein of Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk Paints in colorway 9996 Deep Water

No mods, just a straight-up awesome free! pattern, knit in what might be my go-to favorite shawlette yarn.  I love this stuff: it's so soft, it drapes well, I'm not allergic to it, the colorways are beautiful.  YAY.

This was about the time for figuring out photography stuff -- color balance, contrast, lighting conditions -- and I took lots of (awful) progress shots for this one, so here they all are yyaayyyyy......
*muppet flail*


From December:
The Lonely Tree Shawl [Rav] by Sylvia Bo Bilvia; knit with two and a half skeins of Knit Picks Swish Worsted in colorway Indigo Heather

A triangle shawl in worsted weight probably smacks of desperation to some people, and I'll admit, I did knit this mostly to quickly add to my Yearly Shawl Total (YST).  But I love the yarn and the shawl looks great, so I'm not going to feel guilty about the fact that I finished it in about three days.

 
 

This was Shawl #10 in my quest for TWELVE SHAWLS IN 2012!  So was I successful?  Or did I go down in a blaze of glory?  You'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out!  Spoiler alert: wah-wah fail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i eagerly await the big reveal!