Wednesday, May 9, 2012

HP FOs and a Fantastic Book

I haven't been able to knit the past couple of evenings, because I've been devouring Let's Pretend This Never Happened, the best-selling memoir by your favorite Bloggess and mine, Jenny Lawson.  The book is SO FUNNY, I can't even breathe.

I did get some knitting done earlier, for this term's Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup (RAVENCLAW!!) -- so here they are so far...

* Care of Magical Creatures May 2012
* Flying May 2012
The HPKCHC has rules about turning in blanket squares for class assignments -- minimum size 7.8"x7.8" -- so I used these as 1) an example of a project knit with worsted weight yarn; and 2) a representation of my claustrophobia.
more of Pathways Blanket [Rav] by Frankie Brown; knit in 4g Knit Picks Swish Worsted (colorway Squirrel Heather) and 4g Knit Picks Merino Style (colorway Dusk) per square

* History of Magic May 2012
My research into the Quibbler article regarding an alleged murder as Hogwarts headmaster proved very enlightening; I turned this armband pattern into a coffee cozy that demonstrated my findings.
Trust Snape Armband [Rav] by Slythwolf; knit in Lion Brand LB Collection Superwash Merino in colorways 174 Spring Leaf and 141 Wild Berry
 

* Defense Against the Dark Arts May 2012
This sneaky striped bib is perfect for hiding one's sneakoscope in a kitchen drawer.
My Perfect Bib [Rav] by Jessi Crum; knit with Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in colorways 122 Taupe and 113 Cherry
 

** Ancient Runes Ordinary Wizarding Level Spring 2012
Students can submit proposals for OWL projects -- things that will take longer than the one-month class assignment timeframe, usually 6-8 weeks -- and I've had my OWL proposal accepted!!
All will be revealed in time...
Tower of Balls: 7 balls of Knit Picks Swish Worsted in colorway                  Indigo Heather; 339 grams, approx 746 yds


Does this whole post make zero sense?  Are you still intrigued?  Would you like to know more?  If you can, check out the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup Ravelry group!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you know what else is magical? dat tower o' balls.

it's like the weasley's house, held together by some kind of spell.

Pumpkin said...

That stack of yarn is certainly interesting, lovely color! I love all of your little projects, they are so much fun!

Tanya Morrey said...

Love that colour, and that stack does look held together with magic!