Wednesday, February 22, 2012

FO: Deco-ration

My good friend S was all "I like hats, but I can never find them to fit my head" and I was all "that's why you should have one custom made!" and she was all "sounds good to me" so I said "here are seventeen pictures of hats, pick a thing."

Regina [Rav link] by Carina Spencer; 
knit with less than a skein total of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool 
in colorways 80 Vintage Denim and 87 Neptune Blue

This was the hat of choice, going for a retro vibe, possibly influenced by the obsession that is Downton Abbey? (All signs point to yes.)

I was promised no seaming and a minimum of purling, "size as you go" and "no gauge swatches allowed!" -- Carina Spencer speaks my language.


It's the largest size available using the lightest-weight yarn possible...  yet it knit up so quickly, I was almost disappointed to have to bind off.  Plus the pattern is free, and even though I had to do math, it was easy math, if I do say so myself.


Combine all that with a beautiful outdoor photo shoot, and I have only good things to say about the entire process. 
Thanks for the knit memories, S -- I will make you anything always!

No comments: