Tuesday, December 27, 2011

FOs: Mad Cowl Disease

Cowls like a crazy person.  Seriously, the fact that they look horrible on me is making me crazy.  And yet, I can't stop making them.  They're quick and stash-busting and I keep thinking I'm going to find the right pattern...

Exhibit A: Going to a Happy Place
Pattern: Canaletto Cowl [Rav link] by Megan Goodacre
Yarn:  Knit Picks Simply Cotton Organic Worsted in colorway Ginger
This was my first brilliant idea, an attempt to use my small quantity of organic cotton in a fitting manner.  It started out well (detailed here), but the finished product looked meh on me.  Its new home on my sister-in-law's neck is a much more fitting location.
too disheartened to take an FO pic

Exhibit B: Do you have stairs in your house?
Pattern: A Noble Cowl [Rav link] by Emily Kausalik
Yarn:  Knit Picks Simply Cotton Organic Worsted in colorway Ginger
Yeah, I didn't even try this one on.
If I get this far, I won't have to frog it.  Getting this far took four tries.
Doesn't it look nice?  Away it went to a Dirty Santa gift exchange.
Modeled and owned by the incomparable Jill Factotum

Exhibit C: Let There be Peace on Earth
Pattern: A Noble Cowl [Rav link] by Emily Kausalik
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in colorway 149 Stone
This was a request from a spirited someone who saw Exhibit B, had to have one, and I was happy to oblige!  It's my fourth Noble Cowl (my first attempt, for rubberneckers) -- guess how many I've kept for myself.  If you guessed zilch, you are correct.
Trust me, it's finished now.  Do you trust me?  Well?  Do ya?


And I have yet another cowl queued.  My first cast-on attempt ended as quickly as it began; serves me right for using the wrong yarn.  Oh well.  If I've learned anything from this venture, it's that hope springs eternal.

No comments: